He got married, beat COVID and now as year 85 nears, he’s ready to go again.
Suzanne Raiford, owner of Daisy’s Lunchbox in Searcy, was one of 20 winners in the General Mills Foodservice 2020 Neighborhood to Nation Recipe Contest, an annual contest that celebrates independent restaurants and food trucks, one-of-a-kind dishes and the role they play in communities.
The following area students are among more than 1,200 Harding University students included on the dean’s list for grades achieved during the fall 2020 semester. To be eligible, a student must be carrying 12 or more hours with a 3.65 or higher grade-point average and no incompletes.
“I’d like to be remembered as a teacher who cared … as a man who tried to make a difference,” once remarked Dr. Samuel P. Massie, a noted chemistry professor and researcher. In his long and distinguished career, the native Arkansan broke barriers in science and society that truly made the wo…
I often wonder how oysters were discovered. Whomever it was, it was a very valiant person. If you have ever opened oysters, you know that they were not stumbled upon. Someone must have been stranded on an island doing everything to find food.
Parsley can be grown in all Arkansas home gardens. It has the unique ability to blend flavors and is frequently used in fine herb mixtures. It is also used as a garnish for flavor in salads, soups and stews; cooked with other vegetables; and dipped in a light batter and served as a deep-frie…
A favorite game I remember playing as a boy growing up in Batesville was the classic “Hide and Seek.” One person would close their eyes and count to some particular number while all the other players were finding places to hide. Then followed the announcement by the one counting, “Ready or n…
We’ve learned the greatest attribute for Christians is love and we need to read, study and meditate on the Word of God to help us to learn to love and acquire peace.
People magazine has a new article on a man I’ve heard live many times, chatted with many times and dined with many times, but despite that familiarity, this particular article about Johnny Lee left me “surprised.”
Forget everything you know about the old Chevy Trailblazer. Why the company kept its name is odd since the 2021 Trailblazer is a subcompact crossover bearing no resemblance to its forbearer.
LEFT: Searcy Rotary Club President Mike James recently spoke to the club about the importance of voting and an upcoming presentation from club Executive Secretary Irene Gray, who discussed Mardi Gras. The club has been serving Searcy since 1959 and meets every Tuesday at noon at the Searcy C…
- Badgers in wrong gear against Hornets
- Searcy youth baseball signups continue through Sunday
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images, business says
- Arkansas House panel sends abortion near-ban to a final vote
- Arkansas makes food plant workers eligible for vaccine
- FBI chief warns violent 'domestic terrorism' growing in U.S.
- Texas and other states ease COVID-19 rules despite warnings
- Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9 trillion virus bill
- 35-year-old Searcy man arrested in December stabbing death at Mayfair Hotel
- Two arrested following three break-ins at Searcy businesses Saturday
- Searcy 59-year-old accused of possessing around 580 images of child porn
- Longtime former director of Sunshine School dies at 72, served 40 years
- Beebe police involved in rescuing runaway teen taken to Florida
- Romance 42-year-old accused of sexual crimes against child arrested Wednesday night, out on bail Thursday morning
- Back-seat conversation on way to jail brings extra drug charge
- Judsonia 40-year-old charged with shooting youth with pellet rifle, fleeing from police
- Beebe officials not backing down on ordinance blocking businesses from selling 'prohibited substances'
- Fleeing charged with state trooper caught in driver's compartment
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.